PeakTrader.com Forum Index PeakTrader.com
Economics, Portfolio Optimization, and Technical Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Six Best Strategies to Make Money in the Stock Market

Post new topic   Reply to topic     PeakTrader.com Forum Index -> Portfolio Optimization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arthur

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Six Best Strategies to Make Money in the Stock Market Reply with quote

I've found six ways to make money in the stock market, consistently:

1) Waiting for Excellent Opportunities is one of the best ways to make money in the stock market. However, it requires a great deal of patience. Few trades will normally take place (perhaps, an average of one or two a month). Consequently, there will be many missed opportunities (perhaps more good than bad potential trades). However, a gain is almost always the result, and the ultimate goal of high consistent returns (with low risk) will be reached.

2) Focusing on One Stock That Has the Potential to Rally Huge. There are few stocks that have the potential to rally huge (which are smaller caps). However, it may take two or three years to find that stock, since they're rare. So, it also requires a great deal of patience. Nonetheless, it's possible to make amazing gains in a short period of time, once the stock starts to move (which I'll explain how, when that stock is found).

3) Buy & Hold an Undervalued Stock Until the Price Target is Reached. Normally, this is a larger cap stock. Eventually (either over a short period or long period) this stock will reach "fair value," and often exceed it. Next month out-of-the money covered calls can also be written to generate income.

4) Trading a High Volatility Market. Stocks move fast in a high volatility market. So, even when a stock is bought too soon, a gain can be made purely on volatility. Also, this gain is normally made quickly, within a few days or a few hours. So, money is at risk for a shorter period of time.

5) Using Arbitrage normally requires a large portfolio (at least $1,000,000), because small gains are made on large volume.

6) Optimizing a Portfolio. Gains can be made consistently using the advantages of options and turning the disadvantages into advantages. However, a large portfolio is needed (at least $50,000). So, I wouldn't recommend using my strategies without a large portfolio.

PeakTrader.com attempts to provide the best information for only $19 a month (roughly, the cost of one trade). However, no one can be right all the time. George Soros stated: "It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." However, being right is also important, and I like to be right. The following saying has often proven to be true: "Chance favors the prepared mind."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     PeakTrader.com Forum Index -> Portfolio Optimization All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: