PeakTrader.com Forum Index PeakTrader.com
Economics, Portfolio Optimization, and Technical Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walker's Wall?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Walker's Wall? Reply with quote

PeakTrader:

What Walker actually said can show either journalists have a comprehension problem, or they, along with Walker’s competitors, are playing politics.

Walker actually said:

“They raised some very legitimate concerns, including some law enforcement folks that brought that up to me at one of our town hall meetings about a week and a half ago. So that is a legitimate issue for us to look at,” Walker said.

And

“This is just a joke in terms of how people react to things” and claimed he wasn’t talking about a wall.

The main point of his first comment is securing the northern border is a legitimate issue.

His second comment may refer to some journalists and/or political opponents.

His comments were too general to make specific conclusions. After-all, isn’t that what politicians often do? Smile

---

Menzie Chinn:

Peak Trader: I have posted a link to the video. http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/scott-walkers-full-meet-the-press-interview-515822659517 Watch at 10 min 38 sec, and make your own judgment. I for sure would say (1) he is not ruling out a wall, and believes its a legitimate point of study, and (2) contra his subsequent remarks, he is not making a joke.

---

PeakTrader:

Menzie Chinn, starting at 9:24. Todd says you’re making securing the border the top priority, are concerned about terrorists crossing the border, and asks why aren’t you talking about securing the northern border?

Walker says he wants to secure the border in general, but explains the southern border has the most people going through, and says again he wants to secure the entire border.

Then, Todd says why are we only talking about the southern border (after Walker talked about the entire border), and building a “fence’ there, if this about securing the border preventing potential terrorists?

While, Walker began answering his question, Todd quickly added, while he was talking “you want to build a wall in the northern border?.”

Walker didn’t even respond to the question “you want to build a wall in the northern border?,” because he was answering Todd’s prior question.

---

Menzie Chinn:

Peak Trader: That’s how you interpret it. If someone asks me a question, I respond. He did not say no to the wall, which was the immediate query. What is somebody to do but interpret it as I did. And why did it take him two days to correct people and say the wall was a joke? You have not answered that puzzling question (at least puzzling in your interpretation).

---

PeakTrader:

Politicians often don’t respond directly to questions. The implication of Todd’s question is if we build a wall on the southern border, why not on the northern border? Walker responded by saying there’s much more traffic on the southern border. Yet, Todd dismissed that and persisted.

Walker had to respond after two days, because people were saying something he didn’t say. Did he even say the word wall? Walker didn’t answer that quick off the cuff last question by Todd, while Walker was answering the prior question. I think, Walker meant some people are a joke in how they react.

---
Post new topic   Reply to topic     PeakTrader.com Forum Index -> Articles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: