PeakTrader.com Forum Index PeakTrader.com
Economics, Portfolio Optimization, and Technical Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debate on Global Warming

Post new topic   Reply to topic     PeakTrader.com Forum Index -> Book In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Debate on Global Warming Reply with quote

Economist: Humans don't have the capacity to create an accurate general equilibrium model of a large economy, because people cannot think in hundreds of dimensions (i.e. vectors in n-space). Yet, they can create a general equilibrium model of a more complicated global climate system.

Doomsayer 1: You can't accurately model an economy so you can't accurately model the climate, therefore global warming is bs? That's pretty weak.

Economist: I never stated global warming is "bs." The models are bs. There's no sound empirical model on global warming. Here's one reason:

Discussions on global warming often refer to 'global temperature.' Yet the concept is thermodynamically as well as mathematically an impossibility.

It is impossible to talk about a single temperature for something as complicated as the climate of Earth"

He explains that while it is possible to treat temperature statistically locally, it is meaningless to talk about a global temperature for Earth. The Globe consists of a huge number of components which one cannot just add up and average. That would correspond to calculating the average phone number in the phone book. That is meaningless. Or talking about economics, it does make sense to compare the currency exchange rate of two countries, whereas there is no point in talking about an average 'global exchange rate'.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070315101129.htm

Doomsayer 2: Are you living in a cave????? Honestly, you sound very ignorant and thick-headed. Not one scientist debates whether we are the culprit of the excessive global warming taking place -major cause being abundant CO2 levels reaching over 400 PPM -a historical precedent since there has been life on this planet- only paid talking heads do that.

Doomsayer 3: Bush didn't even think there was global warming until 2002 when he supposedly "acknowledged it".

Economist: Why don't you just tell us how many degrees humans add to the global temperature, rather than beating around the Bush? (pun intended), and then we'll know how many trillions of dollars of lost economic output and government expenditures will be needed to bring the global temperature back to normal. I'd like to see that proof Bush didn't know there was Global Warming.

Doomsayer 3: June 03, 2002: A new report by the Bush administration finally acknowledges that global warming is a real problem for the United States.

Doomsayer 4: YOU STUPID FOOL. NOT MAKING ANY MAJOR ACTIONS TO CURB THE CAUSES OF THE PROBLEM IS THE SAME THING AS NOT RECOGNIZING IT AS A PROBLEM? GET IT NOW RETARD?
BOY ARE YOU ONE DUMB STUPID DOG!

Doomsayer 5: Bush never recognized global warming... You are one roasted fool... You are a joke. You're a liar and a fraud. You are a freaking joke.

Economist: How does that prove Bush didn't know there was global warming? Bush suspended reducing carbon emissions after the stock market crash and recession. However, in 2002, he was able to take some action without harming the economy. The Bush Administration recognized global warming (see link below from an anti-Bush site). However, there's disagreement on causes of global warming. In the 1970s, there were concerns about global cooling, and in 40 years, there will be concerns about global cooling again (given climate cycles).

The E.U. doesn't have the economic and military power to become the dominant force in the world. So, it attempts to increase its power through deception, including using international laws and treaties, to weaken other economies. Ideally, the E.U. wants to manipulate behavior of other countries, through powerful international organizations based in Europe, by taxing them and spending on what it believes is important, given the wisdom of E.U. social engineering.

http://www.nrdc.org/bushrecord/airenergy_warming.asp

Several Doomsayers Comments: Boy are you one ignoramus-he's a buffoon!-you are the biggest fool-fraud/charlatan/psychotic/town idiot= thats what you are!-scientists would laugh at your utter stupidity. you have no understand in ANYTHING whatsoever; only in your deranged mind you do-you are just plain delusional. I am done with you now as you are hopeless waste of time and nut case-Leave global warming to scientists who know what they are talking about.

Economist: By coincidence, while researching my top stock pick for the week, GM, I found the Vice Chairman of GM also believes people have an insignificant effect on global warming.

Doomsayer 6: GEE I WONDER WHY THE VICE OF GM(GENERAL MOTORS) WOULD SAY SUCH A THING?

Economist: You already know the answer, because he'd rather destroy the planet than not sell SUVs.

Final Comment: I rest my case. I've proven the Doomsayers have no understanding of math, science, logic, etc. General Patton may have said it best: "They didn't know what a latrine was till I showed them." Obviously, the Doomsayers are still more comfortable using the woods.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     PeakTrader.com Forum Index -> Book In Progress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: