PeakTrader.com Forum Index PeakTrader.com
Economics, Portfolio Optimization, and Technical Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recent Market Observation

Post new topic   Reply to topic     PeakTrader.com Forum Index -> Portfolio Optimization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Recent Market Observation Reply with quote

Normally, a higher volatility market is a better trading market. However, I haven't lost or made much over the past two weeks. It seems, the market has been reading my mind. Most of the time I wanted to place buy or sell orders, the market quickly reverses, and then it's too late to buy or sell. Also, I've missed many option trades by the smallest amounts and they would have been profitable, which makes a big difference in overall performance. I haven't used many buying and selling spreads, because the market often moves at accelerated rates. Also, I don't trust the support levels and the market doesn't quite reach the resistance levels. Sometimes, the market moves in one direction or the other and then there's some "hang time," where it's deciding to move further in the direction or move in the opposite direction. It seems, most of the time it reverses. Perhaps, there are more volatility traders today and they're much better at trading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     PeakTrader.com Forum Index -> Portfolio Optimization All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: