PeakTrader.com Forum Index PeakTrader.com
Economics, Portfolio Optimization, and Technical Analysis

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TICK Trading Signal (Letter to the Editor)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     PeakTrader.com Forum Index -> Portfolio Optimization
View previous topic :: View next topic  
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: TICK Trading Signal (Letter to the Editor) Reply with quote

Hi XXXX, I'm sorry about the late reply. However, I rarely check this email. I can answer your questions quickly at aeckart@peaktrader.com. I discovered the TICK 15 minute MAs relationships by accident a few years ago. For some reason, they work well most of the time, although they're less useful in a more volatile or indecisive market. The TICK buy and sell signals, and the overbought and oversold 100 unit MAs have been helpful to avoid trading mistakes and sometimes to make big gains. TICK gave a buy signal Fri. So, I expect the market to bounce early next week. Currently, the TICK 100 and 200 unit MAs are at average levels around 200 each. It's rare when the TICK 100 unit MA is above 400 or below zero, which tend to be excellent trading opportunities. I'm not sure how much predictive power TICK has with its many other relationships, although I've been watching them for several years, because they've been mixed. I wrote an article yesterday about the daily VIX and VIX 20-day MA relationship, although it's not an original idea. The order of the charts on page one of Chart Room has been changed to more quickly find buy and sell signals. Arthur

Arthur,

I am a new subscriber to your website and have found your analysis very interesting. I have been trading stocks and options for quite some time, and I feel my technical analysis is fairly solid. I noticed on your site that you use TICK extensively. Although I am familiar with it, I haven't used it much. I am trying to follow what you are seeing when you talk about the 100MA being oversold, or it relationship to the 200MA and how that allows price to potentially move up, etc... I was wondering if you would be willing to share some additional thoughts and insight into how you use TICK in your short and intermediate trading analysis.

Regards,

XXXX
Post new topic   Reply to topic     PeakTrader.com Forum Index -> Portfolio Optimization All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: